Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A big 'Thank You' and some more fun canvases....

I just wanted to give everyone who took a look at the #BringBackOurGirls Art Auction last week a big huge THANK YOU!!!  This wonderful group of artist raised almost $4000.00!  It was just an amazing turnout!!  I want to especially thank the two winners who won their bid on my pieces!  Such a wonderful cause and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your contribution!  I hope you enjoy your new piece as much as I did creating it!

Which brings me to my next blog post....more canvases!  I created these a few month ago for The Scrapping Bug using Hazel and Ruby Stencil Masks!  I had SO-MUCH-FUN making these!!! 

This wee little canvas was so fun to make! I used a 2x2 Stretched Natural Canvas (by Canvas Corp).  I applied a generous coat of gesso to the natural canvas to create a solid foundation for the layers of paper and paint that would follow!  After adhering the patterned paper to the primed canvas, 
(I wanted it to look old and 'vintage like') so I mixed some white and green acrylic paint together and let some of the designer paper show through.  I cut little triangles out of the same paper to create a little mini banner across the top, added some glitter and some natural linen trim around the outside to finish it off!  The Stencil Mask Peel away Alphabet letters are a dream to work with.  They don't stick at all and leave a really crisp finish once you lift them off (after applying the paint).


This is a nice and simple 12x12 canvas.  I used some designer paper from Cosmo Cricket (Alphabet soup) which I've been hoarding for ever and adhered it to the entire surface of the canvas.  Little tip - only use a small amount of liquid glue or else the paper will start to buckle.  Once completely dry, I added the banners, chevrons and heart from the Everyday Shapes Stencil Mask set and a few letters from the Brooklyn Alpha set.  I used some Golden fluid acrylic paint in Teal and covered the entire surface.  Once it started to dry I peeled away the masks and added a few sequins and some linen ribbon and it was done in a flash!


This next one was a bit of a labour of love....or pain...well lets say a bit of both...lol.  Lots of layers and a few curse words later this is what I ended up with!  Some supplies used:  Gingham designer paper from Doodle Bug Designs, white acrylic paint, whipped spackle from Faber-Castell and stencils from The Crafters Workshop, sequins and I created the banner using Hazel and Ruby's fat roll washi tape.  The flowers were from randoms I had in my stash.  Despite the blood sweat and tears, I'm happy with the outcome!


These scream 'Spring' which is taking its sweet time to greet us here in Canada, so its nice just to look at them every now and them as a reminder of the nicer weather to come!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous canvases!! Love them all. And congratulations on a successful auction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. Especially the first one, it's so cute. I participated in the #BringBackOurGirls, too. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all lovely........make you happy in a 'happy crafting' kinda way! I'm sure that makes no sense but I get what I mean! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love those tiny canvases! SO so cute! AND was also thrilled about the BBOG event - I participated too! ;) Thank you for helping spread the word about the SOC and look forward to the fun, xoxo

    ReplyDelete