Saturday, April 6, 2013

Let the fairy in you fly....another KKS challenge...

 Welcome back to another fun challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!!  Today I'm playing hostess and I challenge you to use flowers on your project.  I rarely use actual 'flower embellishments' on my cards or projects so this really was a challenge for me.  You can use any kind of flower, it can be on your designer paper, embellishments, incorporated in the stamp/sentiment etc...we just want to see those flowers!  Maybe it will nudge spring along because it sure is taking it's sweet little time around here!!!  Play along with us using a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp and you could win some Krafty Rubber!!!

I created another mixed media tag for my project today...yep, I'm on the 'tag train' and not sure when I'm getting off!  lol...anyway, for my project I've used the newly released Tatiana and an older sentiment 'let the fairy in you fly'.  On the original stamp for Tatiana, she is holding a mirror but I wanted her to be holding some flowers so I just simply cut the mirror part off during the 'fussy cutting' stage. 
Here is a close up of how I cut out the 'mirror' and added my own glittery flowers.  Her wings were paper pieced using some old book paper.  I added a bit of colour with my peerless watercolors. 
And another close-up of the sentiment and the cabochon flower. 

I also used lots and lots of  Glimmer Mist and Stardust Stickles which is hard to see in the first picture of the whole tag.  I added glitter to the edges of the 'torn' parts, the flowers, and some random dots scattered around. 

Here is a list of some of the supplies I've used on my tag.  Tags (x2 Canvas Corp), old book paper, flower stencils, text stencils (The Crafters Workshop), peerless watercolors, glimmer mist, copic markers, stickles, gesso, faber castell pitt pens, flower embellishments, archival ink, mod podge.
Also there's a big Springtime Krafty Krop goin' on today at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps for even more fun and chances to win some prizes.  You can check out all the information HERE!  Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous I tell ya! Love that she's holding the itty bitty flowers and beautiful work on the background, another awesome creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh amazing!!! the background is so pretty and i love how she is holding the flowers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...this is yet another beautiful tag...keep them coming...I love looking at them. You are such a motivation for me...thanks!

    ReplyDelete